Masters in Counseling/Marriage & Family Externship
The Women’s Center offers counseling externships to students of any gender who are enrolled in master’s degree programs in counseling or marriage and family. The training takes place in the Vienna, VA office.
The externship requires 16-20 hours per week.
Individual supervision is provided by licensed professional counselors.
The program includes the following:
- Intake coordination duties include scheduling clinical appointments for new clients and answering crisis calls
- Minimum of six to eight hours of psychotherapy per week (Externs)
- Weekly seminars, taught by supervisors and other clinical staff
- Group and/or workshop co-leadership, when available
- Weekly supervision group lead by LPC
Sessions & Applications Deadline
|Internship/Externship Session||Application Deadline|
(May - December)
Start Date - May 1st
How to Apply
Cover Letter (with intended start date)
One Letter of Recommendation from a Professor
Two letters of Recommendation from Supervisors
Send Required Materials To
Catherine Love, LPC/LMFT
Clinical Training Manager
133 Park Street, NE, Vienna, VA 22180
Phone: 703-281-4928, #444
We’re dedicated to addressing the diverse needs of women, men, couples, and families through counseling, career, mediation, financial, and domestic violence and sexual assault services.
Looking for a meaningful way to give back to your community? We welcome your gifts and talents to help us meet our mission. Find out about several different volunteer opportunities that we offer.