The Women’s Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, marital status, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any classification proscribed under applicable local, state or Federal law. This commitment extends to all aspects of employment with the Center, including recruitment practices, hiring decisions, promotion, layoff, treatment during employment, training, compensation, benefits, terminations and all other employment decisions.The Women’s Center is an E-Verify participant.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION: DATA & RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
The Women’s Center is celebrating over 40 years of providing counseling, support and education to our community to help people live healthy, stable and productive lives. Our mission is to have a positive impact on the health and resiliency of our community. The Center’s programs are accessible and offer support and care to everyone at any stage of transition. We offer the following services:
- Counseling Services: Our center includes over 60 therapists who have an array of specialties. We offer counseling for women, men, children, couples and families.
Personal Growth and Transition: Facilitated and led by members of the community as well as therapists, our workshops and webinars provide an opportunity to develop. Featured topics include: communication, relationship, self-esteem, navigating divorce, assertiveness, mindfulness and parenting.
- Career and Professional Development: Whether you are seeking employment, changing career paths, re-entering the job market, or entering it for the very first time, we’re here to help you during this important transition.
- Financial and Legal Services: We educate individuals about making wise financial decisions through workshops with financial experts and one-on-one financial counseling. We offer programs and referrals that provide guidance when navigating legal questions.
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services: As a co-founder and member of the Fairfax County Domestic Violence Action Center (DVAC), The Women’s Center counsels and advocates for hundreds of survivors of domestic violence each year.
POSITION: Data & Research Associate – Summer Internship
DESCRIPTION: The Women’s Center seeks a computer-savvy, self-starter to assist with data analysis, data entry and research in the Development Department. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of donor stewardship and CRM systems while working for a local community-based nonprofit organization.
- Research existing corporate sponsors and insure CRM records are up to date
- Research foundations that align with our mission
- Help with administrative tasks as assigned
- Excellent attention to details
- Completed or working toward a college degree
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel) Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with constituents
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 2-month commitment over the summer.
Hours: 15 – 20 hours/week in the Vienna office
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com