The Women’s Center is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, marital status, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any classification proscribed under applicable local, state or Federal law. This commitment extends to all aspects of employment with the Center, including recruitment practices, hiring decisions, promotion, layoff, treatment during employment, training, compensation, benefits, terminations and all other employment decisions. The Women’s Center is an E-Verify participant.
Break The Cycle Care Coordinator
The Women’s Center is hiring a full-time Break the Cycle Coordinator to provide bio-psycho-social assessment and care management for survivors of domestic violence. The position is 37.5 hours a week and is a grant-funded position (annual renewals possible).
The ideal candidate will
- Provide care management services to survivors of domestic violence
- Provide short and long-term advocacy services
- Make appropriate referrals for survivors for job training, financial counseling and mental health counseling
- Establish positive relationships with agencies and work in collaboration to assist survivors
- Facilitate concurrent social connection support groups for Domestic Violence survivors at agencies, shelters or other organizations
- Develop “peer mentoring” program within support groups to foster personal mastery and connection with group members
- Provide consultations and support for allied professionals and therapist within the Center
- Provide domestic violence outreach training within the community
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology preferred
- Domestic violence and sexual assault training preferred
- 2-3 years face to face experience working with survivors of domestic violence
- Case management/care management experience working with survivors of domestic violence
- Familiarity with domestic violence resources in Fairfax County and long-term housing resources in the community
- Experience leading groups for survivors
Job Type: Full-time
- domestic violence advocacy: 2 years (Required)
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The ideal candidate must be:
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Willing to be credentialed with insurance carriers.
- Able to work a minimum of 6 hours per week, including one evening or Saturday.
The Women’s Center, is a not for profit comprehensive outpatient mental health counseling service, with over 40 years of providing care including counseling, educational programs, information and referral services for women, men and families. We are recruiting, for the Vienna Office, a part-time (potential to grow to full time) clinician, independently licensed in Va., as an LCSW, LPC or Ph.D., to build and establish a practice or supplement existing private practice. Population treated includes all ages and clinical work revolves around providing assessment, individual, couples, family and group counseling. Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org