Jeannette Twomey, JD, and Sharon Schroer, JD, Va. Certified Mediators
This course is co-taught by an accomplished trainer in the fields of negotiation, communication and conflict resolution and an experienced attorney trained in elder mediation.
$35 Registration Fee/$25 Center Circle Donors (Members)
Many families face difficult issues concerning aging parents and relatives. Decisions about care, living arrangements, personal property, and selling the family home can provoke disagreement and arguments. If you have experienced these stressful, unproductive discussions and want more collaboration and support among family members, this practical, skills-based workshop is for you. Negative family communication patterns are not chiseled in stone.
Are you dealing with situations like the following?
- Burdened by the care of a parent and need siblings to help out more?
- Cannot persuade an older relative to curtail unsafe driving or move to a retirement community?
- Worried that your spouse will object to your parents moving in?
- Seeking agreement on a "fair" way to divide inherited property?
Learn better methods to:
- Avoid defensiveness and arguments
- Move toward solutions instead of getting stuck in the past
- Overcome resistance to change